Non-Woven Shopping Bags – Smart Business Sense
October 6, 2013 by
Ever notice how some stores just have the best shopping bags. If you are carrying home a bag from Cartier, Harley-Davidson, Nike, or Victoria’s Secret, the brand’s personality is reflected on to you. Somehow you become more feminine, masculine, glamorous, or good-looking. Now I look to see if shopping bags are also demonstrating environmental responsibility. For businesses making that effort, I am impressed. I want environmental consciousness reflected on to me. Non-woven shopping bags are important to the environment for the following reasons:
1. Made from reusable and 100% recyclable polypropylene plastic
2. Low greenhouse gas emission levels in their production
3. Minimal use of oil and water
4. Lowers the buildup of plastic waste in landfills
As a business owner, switching your brand shopping bag is a huge marketing decision involving both marketing costs and the importance of it as an advertising medium. Fortunately, non woven shopping bags are cost effective. They also allow you to customize and display your brand and slogan brightly using single or multiple color designs. The most important reason to switch to non-woven shopping bags is the environmental factor because our world deserves to be treated better. Some little known facts about plastic bags include:
1. They take 15 – 1000 years to decompose
2. Most end up in the ocean, landfills, or other environmental locations as only 1% of plastic bags are recycled in the United States
3. They are responsible for the deaths of millions of birds and thousands of sea animals every year
4. Twelve million barrels of oil are required to manufacture the 100 billion plastic bags used yearly in the United States
There are some great eco-friendly non-woven shopping bags that businesses can use to get their name out there at the grocery store, at schools, or just walking down the street. Small and large reusable grocery bags are one option that businesses have that customers will use over and over again. They are available as drawstring backpacks, book totes, and t-shirt bags.
Some consumers still choose affordability over environmental friendly but even they have been found to express favorable responses towards businesses making efforts to go green. Businesses that are highlighting their efforts to be eco-friendly can increase the favor of their own like-minded customers and other consumers going about their daily activities who take note of your business brand advertised on non-woven shopping bags. Non-woven shopping bags are a strong marketing tool that businesses can use to advertise their name and advertise their efforts of going green.