10 Inspiring Eco-Friendly Quotes to Live By
“The Earth does not belong to man; Man belongs to the Earth. This we know. All things are connected like the blood which unites one family. Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.” — Chief Seattle
Sometimes it can be difficult to inspire those around you to think differently about the environment and encourage them to be eco-friendly. But we have found that words have a lot of power in doing just that. Sometimes the right words, from the right people, can help us refocus and reignite the environmentalist within.
To show you what we mean, we want to share you on some of our favorite eco-friendly quotes that will be sure to inspire not only you but the people around you, too.
Feel free to tweet them, pin them, or turn them into memes. We just hope these quotes inspire you to reflect, become more conscious about your environmental impact, and to take sustainable action.
1. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” —Albert Einstein
2. “A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.” —Franklin D. Roosevelt
3. “The good man is the friend of all living things.” —Gandhi
4. “The environment is where we all meet; where all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” —Lady Bird Johnson
5. “He that plants trees loves others besides himself.” —Thomas Fuller
6. “One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between man and nature shall not be broken.” —Leo Tolstoy
7. “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of a difference you want to make.” —Jane Goodall
8. “The ultimate test of man’s conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.” —Gaylord Nelson
9. “The Earth is a fine place and worth fighting for.” —Ernest Hemingway
10. “We have forgotten how to be good guests, how to walk lightly on the earth as its other creatures do.” —Barbara Ward
What’s Your Favorite Eco-Friendly Quote?
What is your favorite eco-friendly quote from the list above? Do you have a favorite quote that didn’t make our list? If you have a quote that you would like to share, we’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to post your inspiration in the comments below.